Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby cot mobile gift set - Project 1

This week, one of three projects I had going was this lovely gift set for a friends baby girl (Audrey) born on the 18th March, 5.5 pounds. The birdie mobile was part of the gift set, I love how it turned out in the end. I had a clear idea of what it was supposed to look like, and thrilled I managed to do it. The birdie pattern I used came from SKIP TO MY LOU, its so cute. I used some felt and fabric scraps I had lying around in shades of pink, blue, red and cream to create the birds. An embroidery hoop was used as the frame of the mobile and scrap ribbon tied around the frame hid the timber and added some colour and visual interest. Although I stuck to the colour scheme each ribbon has a different width, pattern and colour. The idea for the mobile came from THE RED THREAD blog
I whipped up a taggy blanket with some left over Sandi Henderson fabric and pink minky, stitched a birdie card with some fabric and watercolour paper and made the gift tag with ribbon to hang from the wrapped parcel. I was a bit cash poor but time rich so decided to use some of my fabric and paper stash to make these gifts.


3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. You make darling toys and beautiful cakes! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hospital/Medical Furniture manufacturer and supplier in delhi, India- Hydraulic Tables, Semi- Fowler Bed, Baby Cot, Hospital/Medical Beds(electric hospital bed, hydraulic bed), Dressing Trolley, Instrument Trolley. wholesale supply in all delhi NCR (Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad and Gurgaon).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing to see interesting article like this.I found it very helpful.Thanks for sharing and keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete